Online Visitors

Subscribe To Feed

Facebook

Popular Posts

Who wants to go at 63 Building?


We heard a lot of 63 Building in some Korean variety shows. Do you remember 2pm Nickhun and F(x) Victoria met at 63 Building for their first episode of a show called We Got Married? We saw the rooftop of 63 Building. I wonder what inside the building? Why is it so famous around South Korea? I did some research about 63 Building and I found out a lot of interesting facts about the building.

63 Building also known as Yuksam Building is a landmark skyscraper on Yeoido Island. 63 Building is 249m or 817 ft tall and it was acknowledge as the world's tallest building outside North America. It is served as South Korea's tallest building until Hyperion tower was build last 2003. 63 Building is an iconic landmark of Miracle on the Han River, it symbolized the nation's rapid economic achievement in the late 20th century.


63 Building has 63 official floors and 60 of them are above ground level while the other 3 are the basement floors.


The 60th floor has the world's tallest Art gallery and it has an observation deck called 63 Golden Tower. If you go there you can see Incheon if the sky is clear and at night you can watch fireworks there.

At the 59th floor there's a First-class Restaurant called Walking in the Cloud.

At the 58th floor there's a Family Restaurant called Touch the Sky.

There's a total of 6 elevators in the building and one of them is specially made for couples only. It is called Love Elevator. The couples who will ride this special elevator will get an exclusive 1 minute ride. There's another elevator where you can see the outside while riding it.

The lower floors has a shopping mall with approximately 90 stores. It has IMAX theater and a large Aquarium. Last year July 5, 2009, they opened a Wax Doll Museum which features real statues of famous people around the world.

63 Building was built at a cost of 180,000,000,000 won and completed construction on May 1985. In 2000, Hanwha Group renamed the building to 63 City and it became part of the group in 2002.

____________________________________

Here's some photos of 63 Building

 This next photo is at sunrise the 63 Building begins to glow

 
For 20 minutes at sunrise, the eastern side of the building is blindingly bright.


______________________


I found it very interesting. Before I do some research about 63 Building, I really want to go there. Now I know a lot of things about the building, it makes me want to go there more. I found the restaurant names very interesting. What catches my attention more is the Love Elevator and the Large Aquarium. I also found it very amazing on how the building shine so brightly during the sunrise. When I go to S. Korea I will definitely go to 63 Building. I want to personally see how the building shine so bright and I would like to ride the Love Elevator.

Even though I haven't been there, this is one of my RECOMMENDED place to visit in Korea.

What do you feel after knowing all this facts about 63 Building?


Cr: wikipedia