Online Visitors

Subscribe To Feed

Facebook

Popular Posts

Let's Learn Korean!: Lesson 8


Hi guys, it's been a while since my last article was posted here specially "Korean Lessons". I just finished my exam and everything went well.

Before my break, I leave a message asking a lot of you to suggests what lessons should I teach you. There are a lot of categories that came to me, for example, how to type in Hangul, and categories like expressions, animals, colors, and many more.

In this lesson, I will grant one of them and that is how to type in Hangul. There is a lot of you who asked me that; so I did some preparations right after I finished my exams. 

Are you ready?

So here we go.

To type in Hangul, we need to know what scripts is consonants and vowels. In the picture above, consonants and vowels is categorized. (just refer to that picture if you are unsure)

In Hangul, consonants comes first then vowel then consonants, that means vowels is always in the middle.

for example,

the word 
- ++
ㄱ is a consonant
ㅏ is a vowel
ㅁ is a consonant

The second rule in typing or writing hangul is that there is a maximum of 4 scripts in a word and a minimum of 2.

for example,
-+ㅏ(2)
-+++ㅎ(4)
-++ㅇ(3)

The third one is there should be 2 scripts per level .

for example,
-+++
The first level has +ㅏ(2), while the second level has +ㅎ(2).

it can be 2 in the upper level and 1 in lower level.

for example,
-++
the upper level has +ㅕ(2),while the lower level has ㅇ(1)

some word can look like a straight down depends on the vowel you used.

For example,
-++

The forth and last rule is you write your word from left to right. Just like how you write in English. There's a lot of questions like that when I check my twitter and facebook. Maybe they are confused because in the late years they used to write up-down, right-left. Don't be confused because they all use the same way as English today. (Japanese, Chinese, Korean)


If you are unsure about the topic, do not hesitate to ask questions in my facebook account.


Note:
I might not post Korean lessons like before (daily). I finished my exams but I will be busy with my upcoming business with my friend. BUT don't be disappointed because I will still try to post new lessons as soon as I can whenever I have free time.

I would like to say Thank You for all your patience.

너무 너무 감사함니다!! ^-^